Board of Directors
Dave Hays – President
Elaine Harsch – Treasurer
Mike Cook – Secretary
Sue Savoie – Marketing
Deb Hays – Communications
Jan Deur – Parliamentarian Committee
What does the White Lake Association do?
The White Lake Association (WLA) is comprised of hundreds of area residents who care deeply about White Lake. Our members support WLA activities and actions that preserve the natural amenities of the lake, as well as the public trust.
The WLA …
- Rakes the lake bottom for invasive species plant samples for analysis which are identified and logged to record the rate of spread.
- Conducts ongoing water sample testing for clarity, oxygen levels, bacteria and pollutants.
- Maintains the weather station and video cam at the White River Light Station.
- Partners with the Steelheaders to install and maintain “no wake” buoys on the east and west ends of White Lake.
- Works to make boat launching convenient and safe at Scenic Drive and other locations.
- Constructed and erected a 4′ x 8′ sign alerting boaters of 40-foot and over vessels of the speed limit of 8 mph.